Many companies will come across the question “Should we integrate an Open Source Software into our validated processes?” In the future the quality and with it the reliance into the R System will increase. The pharmaceutical Industry will have validation plans for the R System and its underlying algorithms. At the end SAS and R no longer will be an odd couple but rather will become complementary friends.
The audience will receive insight into the differences, similarities and supplementing possibilities of the commercial software SAS and R as a free of charge Open Source Software.
The focus of this talk is on:
- Concepts behind SAS and R
- Differences in installation and support
- How to develop programs
- SAS-Macro Language versus R Functions
- Performance comparison applied to large data sets
- Interfaces between SAS and R and vice versa
Dr. Peter Bewerunge, Dipl. Ing. (FH) Biotechnology and Software Engineer at HMS Analytical Software.