Training and development
Work side by side with experts in data science, data analytics and software engineering. Each member of our teams brings his or her special expertise to the table and expands and intensifies his or her technical and methodological know-how in the course of various projects. We bring this knowledge back into the company and pass it on among co-workers, so that everyone can learn from the skills of the others.
Benefit from our systematic knowledge build-up and internal knowledge transfer. Learn more about our knowledge management in the following.
Fields of expertise
Our knowledge management is divided into eight fields of expertise. These ensure that our know-how is always kept up-to-date and is passed on and expanded within the company.
- Business Intelligence: Data modeling, database systems, NoSQL, DWH architectures, self service BI, visualization
- Software Engineering: Software craftsmanship, continuous integration, big data architectures, app development
- Machine Learning: Deep learning, text mining, artificial intelligence, forecasting, R, Python, Spark
- Life Science: CDISC SDTM & ADaM, clinical data anonymization, GxP, MDR & IVDR
- Project management: Lifecycle management, risk analysis, Scrum, JIRA, computer system validation
- IT systems: Linux/Unix, docker, blockchain, DevOps, monitoring, logging, ITIL
- SAS: Platform, analytics, lifecycle management, cloud & modern infrastructur
- Microsoft: SQL, Power BI, Azure, advanced analytics, .NET platforms, in-memory technology, serverless-computing
Together with you, we work out a personnel development plan tailored to your individual profile. As a project member, you have an annual budget of 12 days at your disposal for knowledge growth. You can participate in training courses or conferences and visit our study groups to further develop your professional, methodological and social skills.
Several times a month we organize study groups on various topics in the field of data science, software engineering, project management and project work. We discuss technology trends, demonstrate practical examples and provide technical know-how. All information is collected centrally in our knowledge database and is available to all employees at all times.
Insights into previously held study groups:
- Pattern workshop: Short presentation and discussion of design patterns
- Azure security: Web Application Firewall & Azure Frontdoor
- Scrum versus Kanban: advantages and disadvantages of both systems
- Hadoop 101: Introduction as Big Data platform in distinction to Spark
- Text mining with Python spacy
- Visualizations with SAS VA, Tableau, JMP, Power BI
We regularly represent HMS at data science, software engineering and life science conferences. Here you have the opportunity not only to attend talks and workshops but also to hold them yourself. Among others, we participate every year in the data2day, M3, phuse and the SAS Forum. However, we do not only keep our knowledge up to date through external conferences. Regular internal company conferences ensure a constant transfer of knowledge and an cross-departmental exchange.
Take part in training courses and develop your technical and methodological skills according to your individual professional orientation. The training courses are paid for by HMS, as are working and travel time and travel expenses. In addition to the further development of your professional know-how, you can expand your social skills at in-house training courses. In courses such as “Type-appropriate Communication”, “Coaching: Acquisition, Networking, Presales”, “Rhetoric and Presentation”, you will learn from external trainers how to successfully master various business situations.